seriously are you taking Search Marketing?
you think you should consider it...
companies are resitant to Search Marketing Integration because:
is a lack of understanding of the benfits of Search Marketing,
is strong competition for marketing
is strong competition for the marketing spotlight and
is a lot of work.
When your site is ready:
- Have other relevant sites link to yours.
- Submit it to Google at http://www.google.com/addurl.html.
- Submit a sitemap as part of Google Sitemaps project. Google Sitemaps use your sitemap to learn about the structure of your site and to increase our coverage of your webpages.
- Make sure all the sites that should know about your pages are aware your site is online.
- Submit your site to relevant directories such as the Open Directory Project and Yahoo!, as well as to other industry-specific expert sites.
Quality Guidelines - Specific recommendations:
These quality guidelines cover the most common forms of deceptive or manipulative behavior, but Google may respond negatively to other misleading practices not listed here (e.g. tricking users by registering misspellings of well-known websites). It's not safe to assume that just because a specific deceptive technique isn't included on this page, Google approves of it. Webmasters who spend their energies upholding the spirit of the basic principles listed above will provide a much better user experience and subsequently enjoy better ranking than those who spend their time looking for loopholes they can exploit.
- Avoid hidden text or hidden links.
- Don't employ cloaking or sneaky redirects.
- Don't send automated queries to Google.
- Don't load pages with irrelevant words.
- Don't create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content.
- Avoid "doorway" pages created just for search engines, or other "cookie cutter" approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content.
Engine Marketing is an effective measurable process that
needs to be integrated into your company's business and marketing
- On average, 29% of clicks, from any given search, result from Pay-Per-Click listings (Google Adwords, Overture). Therefore, 70% of the clicks are generated from the Organic listings.
- 80% of websites are found using search engines.
- 58% of searches that result in a click contain 3 or more words.
- eCommerce study shows 20% difference in revenues from a #4 to a #5 position in the Organic listings.
- Google utilizes over 100 algorithms to read and index any given page. Do you think it is enough to add a few keywords, change the title, description and submit to the search engines?
Engine Marketing should enhance pre-existing relationships
to strengthen overall marketing efforts. Keep a consistent message,
both on-line and off-line that creates an integrated experience for